Johannesburg / 10 April 2017
We refer to our emails of 13 February 2017 and 24 March 2017.
As from 13 February 2017, RAs have been able to update their personal and firm details through the IRBA website.
The individual Annual Return documents, including the Explanatory Memorandum, have now been uploaded to the IRBA website. RAs may now complete and submit their individual Annual Return documents and, if they so choose, pay their individual annual fees through the website.
The invoices for RAs individual annual fees were emailed to RAs on 7 April 2017.
The deadline for the payment of individual annual fees and the submission of individual Annual Returns is 31 May 2017.
The Explanatory Memorandum can be viewed here.
RAs who have not yet registered on the IRBA website need to do so in order to complete and submit their Individual Annual Returns, as these documents will not be emailed to them. The process to follow is detailed below.
How to register on the IRBA website
- Visit the website at www.irba.co.za.
- On the top menu bar, select the login icon.
- This will bring up a login screen. Enter your IRBA individual registration number and email address in the space provided. Leave the password field blank and click on 'retrieve password here'.
- This will bring up a retrieve password screen. Re-enter your IRBA individual registration number and email address in the space provided and click submit.
- An email will be sent to you with your password.
- When you login with your password, a page will open with your details.
- You will then be able to change your password if you so wish.
How to complete the Annual Return
- Login to the IRBA website by selecting the login icon on the top menu bar.
- A page will open with your details.
- From the three tabs that will pop up, select the Annual Renewal tab.
- Three options will come up, allowing you to view or print the Explanatory Memorandum, complete and submit the Annual Return, and pay the annual fees.
- You can complete and submit the Annual Return through the website without paying the annual fees at the same time.
- However, if you submit the Annual Return without paying the annual fees, please ensure that the fees are paid before the deadline.
- If you pay your annual fees through the website, you do not need to send us proof of payment.
- If you pay your annual fees by EFT, direct deposit or payment of cheque into our account, please either email your proof of payment to email@example.com or fax to 087-940-8877.
For any enquiries about the above process, please contact Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the IRBA
The objective of the IRBA is to endeavour to protect the financial interests of the South African public and international investors in South Africa through the effective and appropriate regulation of audits conducted by registered auditors, in accordance with internationally recognised standards and processes.